We co-run writing retreats with The Dell House in Malvern, Worcestershire. The retreats are fully catered (except for the last evening meal), have tutors and kindly publishing professionals in residence or online, and are designed to give you protected writing time in a deliciously comfortable environment.
No chores, no cooking, no demands, no critiqueing. Just you and your writing, optional tutoring, and company if you want it.
January 2022: Fiction, travel and nature writing
Our first Fiction, Nature and Travel writing retreat will be at The Dell House on 24-27 January 2022. This will include:
- protected writing time in spacious, comfortable and restful surroundings.
- an evening interactive talk on What Do You Want From The Writing Life? by Alice Jolly
- optional feedback on your writing from University of Falmouth creative writing tutor Sabrin Hasbun (from £65, booked separately).
- a workshop on I’ve Written It, What Do I Do With It? from Handheld Press.
- exclusive, spacious, full board accommodation.
To find out more, visit the Dell House page for this fiction, nature and travel retreat.
Some small print. The retreats:
- cost £395 per person, exclusive of VAT
- offer double, twin and single rooms; first come, first served.
- are full board (apart from the last evening meal)
- give you protected writing time
- make available private and group writing spaces
- have additional opportunities for flat and steep walks, and an astonishing number of excellent board games.
The retreats are for published authors and creative writing students. The minimum requirement for the retreat is that you have published at least one piece of your writing professionally, or that your creative writing has been examined at postgraduate level.
We warmly encourage applications from writers who identify as other than male, white, cis, and abled.
If you’d like to join the waiting list to be sent the details of future retreats, please email us with (or without: no commitment necessary at this stage.
March 2022: Life-Writing, biography and memoir
We are branching out into life-writing tutoring, on 21-24 March 2022. This four-night retreat will include:
- Protected writing time in spacious, comfortable and restful surroundings.
- Evening interactive talk on Writing Life by Sarah LeFanu
- Optional feedback on your writing from Sarah (from £65, booked separately).
- A workshop on I’ve Written It, What Do I Do With It? from Handheld Press.
- Exclusive, spacious, full board accommodation.
To find out more, visit the Dell House event page for this life-writing retreat.