For bookshops and institutions in the UK and Ireland
Please make trade orders through our distributor Combined Book Services.
For bookshops and institutions elsewhere in the world
We will be delighted to take your orders for books, despatch them and invoice you. Payment is at present only through Paypal, sterling cheque, or electronic transfer.
For all other esteemed customers
Postage and packaging
The final price you pay includes postage and packaging of your order. We use recycled packaging as much as possible, so your order might arrive in cardboard that has been used before. All our packaging and tape is paper-based and recyclable.
Gift wrapping and despatch
If you’d like to order a Handheld book (plus the bookmark!) as a present for a friend, we can gift wrap, add a small card with a greeting from you, and post it for you. We offer three kinds of wrapping paper:
- Plain and simple block colours.
- Flowery, celebratory, pretty.
- Christmas: will probably involve gold, red, bells, bows (not overtly religious unless explicitly asked for)
The card will be plain white or cream, and we’ll write your greeting in our best handwriting.
This is how to order your gift:
- Order the book you want to send as a present, and give the address you want it sent to in the Paypal instructions box.
- Send us an email at enquiries [at] handheldpress.co.uk (a) confirming that Book X is a present for Person Y at Address Z, (b) tell us what kind of wrapping paper you’d like, and (c) give the greeting you’d like on the card (if any).
- Send us an extra payment through Paypal of £1.00 for the wrapping service.
- We’ll send a confirmation email when the present has been posted.
Speed of delivery
Your delivery will be posted on the working day after your order has been received, in most cases, when the order has been received before 13.00. If you need a guaranteed next day delivery then let us know by email or phone after you’ve made the order, and we can tell you the additional fee for this service, and how to pay. All orders will be posted from the UK using Royal Mail services. Orders received on weekends or on bank holidays will be sent the next working day.
If we’re on holiday and unable to post orders until we get back, there will be a notice giving the affected dates on the home page.
When you place an order, your payment will be processed through Paypal, which uses the highest level of encryption to ensure your details are kept safe. We aren’t yet able to accept credit or debit card payments: sorry!
There are a number of instances when we may be unable to accept an order; in all cases an email will be sent informing you of the reason:
- If a book is out of print with no republication date (unlikely, to be honest).
- Where Paypal have not been able to process your payment.
- If there has been a pricing or product description error.
Ordering by post & cheque
For written orders, please send a cheque and a note listing what you’d like to order, to:
34 Avenue Heights
Reading RG2 0EP
We’ll post your books when the cheque has cleared, which will take up to 10 working days. All cheques should be made payable to Handheld Press.
Books are not subject to VAT in the UK.