For bookshops and institutions in the UK and Ireland
Please make trade orders through our distributor Combined Book Services.
For bookstores and institutions in the USA and Canada
Please send your orders to our North American distributor Two Rivers at Ingram, at email@example.com.
For all other esteemed customers, anywhere in the world
If Combined Book Services or Two Rivers / Ingram can’t help you, we will be delighted to take your orders for books, despatch them and invoice you ourselves. You can pay using PayPal, sterling cheque, or electronic transfer in euros and US dollars. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent our TransferWise account details for euro and dollar payments.
Postage and packaging
The final price you pay includes postage and packaging of your order. We use recycled packaging as much as possible, so your order might arrive in cardboard that has been used before. All our packaging and tape is paper-based and recyclable.
Ordering by PayPal
When you place an order through our website, your payment will be processed through PayPal, which uses the highest level of encryption to ensure your details are kept safe.
There are a number of instances when we may be unable to accept an order; in all cases an email will be sent informing you of the reason:
- If a book is out of print with no republication date (unlikely, to be honest).
- Where PayPal have not been able to process your payment.
- If there has been a pricing or product description error.
Ordering by bank transfer, post & cheque
We can now accept your payment for your order by UK bank transfer, as an alternative to Paypal. This will appear as a choice at the payment stage of your order.
We can also accept payment in euros and US dollars through our TransferWise accounts in those currencies: please contact us at enquiries @ handheldpress.co.uk for details.
If you would prefer to pay by cheque, please send a cheque payable to Handheld Press, to the correct amount, and add a note listing what you’d like to order, to:
72 Warminster Road
Bath BA2 6RU
Gift wrapping and despatch
If you’d like to order a Handheld book (plus the bookmark!) as a present for a friend, we can gift wrap, add a note with a greeting from you, and post it for you. If you don’t supply a specific greeting we will add a note in our best handwriting saying who the gift is from.
This is how to order your gift:
- Email us at enquiries @ handheldpress.co.uk (a) telling us that you’d like to order Book X to be sent to Person Y at Address Z, (b) tell us what kind of wrapping paper you’d like, and (c) give the greeting you’d like on the card (if any).
- We will reply very quickly confirming the order and giving you the total cost of purchase, plus p&p if needed (free to addresses in the UK).
- You send us the payment using PayPal to email@example.com, or make a bank transfer to the account details that we will supply. We also accept sterling cheques (payable to Handheld Press, posted to 72 Warminster Road, Bath BA2 6RU).
- We’ll send a confirmation email when the present has been posted, with a scanned receipt if needed.
Speed of delivery
Your delivery will be posted on the working day after your order has been received, in most cases, when the order has been received before 13.00. If you need a guaranteed next day delivery then let us know by email or phone after you’ve made the order, and we can tell you the additional fee for this service, and how to pay. All orders will be posted from the UK using Royal Mail services. Orders received on weekends or on bank holidays will be sent the next working day.
If we’re on holiday and unable to post orders until we get back, there will be a notice giving the affected dates on the home page.
Books are rated as zero for VAT in the UK.